Sunday, October 30, 2011

...Catching up, AGAIN!

Well it appears I have once again fallen behind in my blogging. Fortunately, this time I have a decent amount of stuff to update this with! So, lets go back in time a little and pretend I remembered to blog every time something awesome happened!

Thursday, October 20, 2011
On this day, I traveled to Dublin with Sister Mary, my room mate and my boyfriend. Sister Mary had been wanting to take us on a trip to Baggot Street, where Catherine McAuley is buried. We were going to bring some of the other Carlow girls, but many of them were away for the weekend already. So the three of us went off together. On this trip, I learned what the Luas is. It is pretty much a bus on subway tracks, but much nicer than the Pittsburgh transportation I am used to. We also sort of mini toured some of the big shopping streets in Dublin and even found a Disney store! Andrea and I were so excited, especially when they had a Lion King display out front!
When we went to the international sisters of mercy house on Baggot Street, I was amazed. We were greeted by a Sister that Sister Mary knew well who offered us loads of home made scones and hot tea, WAY more than we could ever consume! The Sister was a very nice woman who seemed to know a little bit of everything and was very pleasant to be around. Once we finished our treats, we were met by another Sister who took us on a tour of the house. We watched a film about Catherine McAuley and learned a lot more about her life than I had known previously. I can now better understand why she is so praised back at home, and around the world! Then, we walked to where she was buried. Her grave site was beautiful!


While we were in Dublin, Sister Mary also took us to the Chester Beatty Library. It was a very interesting museum, and we took a bit of time looking at some of the religious books here because of the intricate detailing.
The trip with Sister Mary was definitely and experience I am glad I had here in Ireland. Sister Mary is always very helpful and welcoming and made this day a really great experience for us. :]


Friday, October 21, 2011 - Sunday October 23, 2011

I went to Dublin with my boyfriend this weekend! It was really awesome to go the day before with Sister Mary because it helped us to get a layout of the town and we also picked up maps and were able to plan our trip a little.
On Friday, we went to the Dublin Zoo. I was completely blown away by the different animals they have here! They had animals I have never seen in person before, and many of them even had babies! The zoo itself was even incredible! It has a nice layout with a lot of foliage and decoration, so many times it feels as if you are out on a safari rather than in the zoo! It was a nice escape for the day! Here are some pictures from it :
















The rest of the weekend, we hung out around Dublin. We visited the Natural History Museum on Saturday and went out to a nice place called Murray's for dinner. Sunday we had lunch and visited the shopping areas in Dublin and then made our way home. We had really good weather the entire weekend until Sunday, but it was ok because we were heading home that day anyway. Turns out we picked a good time as well because with all of the rain, Dublin eventually flooded!!

Friday, October 28, 2011
Field trip day!
We visited Dublin and went to Kilmainham Gaol (Jail), Trinity College and a history museum. In lieu of typing all about it, here are some pictures from the day!

Kilmainham Gaol







Trinity College








 Museum






Yours Truly,
Alicia  

No comments:

Post a Comment