Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bi-Polar Irish Weather

Well, I wasn't going to post anything today but a series of events made me want to...

Today is my day off from classes. But, I still decided it was a nice looking day out and I should go the library to get some things done. Upon leaving, I decided I should go to the local supermarket, Tesco, and buy some apples and coffee because I have a craving for applesauce and I am almost out of coffee. It was not until after I left the store thinking today was going so well that the Irish Weather decided to get fierce.

First, a light mist. No big deal. It's Ireland, it rains and its cloudy almost all the time. Then, without warning, rain pelts out of the sky like a million freezing cold daggers out for cold blooded revenge. I tried to pull up my hood on my hoodie and get out my umbrella, but then the wind decided it needed in on this plot as well. My umbrella folded backwards and my hood constantly threatened to flip off of my head! So with rage, I fought with my umbrella to close it and carry it home, still being viciously attacked by the wind and rain. About halfway home, the wind decided it had had enough. It was nap time or something. So, I put my umbrella back up. However, motorists sometimes are not as friendly as the weather. Now that I was able to stay a LITTLE dry, a car sped up and ran right into a massive puddle which of course then sprayed me from my shoulders to me feet. I kept my head up and ignored it as to not give them the satisfaction I know that they craved. Not a moment later, the rain stopped. I put my umbrella away and watched as the dark clouds blew away revealing a bright blue sky and sunshine. -.-

On the plus side, my room mate and I are making apple sauce today. I can not WAIT because I love applesauce and you can not buy it in a jar here as far as I have noticed. This is the first time I have made homemade applesauce and I can't wait to try it! It smells and looks delicious! We just put it in the fridge so it could cool down a bit first.

Coffee and Applesauce. The saviors of my intense scuffle with the weather. <3

Yours Truly,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment