Monday, October 17, 2011

To catch up...

Well, it has been a little over a week since I last posted here. But, not a whole lot has changed.

The best part of this week so far (even though it has just begun) happened in class today. When I originally blogged about this class, I had mentioned (I think) that my lecturer did not seem very willing to help students. She had said she was not available after classes and such because that is not professional and it is also just not how things are done here in Ireland. This made me nervous because I am used to taking time after classes to ask questions or clarify things with my professors. However, today things began to look up. Now that my lecturer is aware that there are three American students in her class, she was a bit more prepared. She spoke to us before class and told us about a few books that would be helpful to us as well as letting us know she would be more available to us. She even spoke with us after class and gave us her e-mail. This made me feel much more confident about this class because now I feel as though I can ask for help if I need to. I also feel more welcome and as though I fit into class a bit better now.

If anything else good happens this week, I will let you know. However, I don't think much will happen until this weekend because I am going to Dublin! I will be staying there from Friday until Sunday, so I am sure something worth blogging about will happen. :]

Yours Truly,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment