Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mid-week Four.

It's Wednesday. "Over the hump day" as some say. I can not wait to be over it. Wednesdays are my long days here in Carlow, Ireland. I have 2 classes that tend to be between an hour and a half to two hours long. Then again, at least I'm busy instead of sitting in my flat most of the day.

I find that I am still not over the homesickness I have had since I arrived here. Much to others dismay, I am already counting down the days until I get on the plane to go back home. It's 73 days in case you were wondering. I am trying to wake up each morning and tell myself today will be the day I get over this, but it has not happened yet. I'll keep doing my best and finding something to look forward too each week. So far, the only thing I look forward to are Friday's for our excursions. They always end up being fun and interesting. I came to Ireland to learn and see the country, and the excursions are allowing me to do that.

On a slightly different note, I am also really hoping my Monday class, Developmental Psychology, gets better. Here in Ireland, it is a second level course, so it makes sense that people should have some idea what they are there for. However, this week someone had to ask what psychology is and what various types of psychologists do. I hope I am going to learn something from this class so I am not behind when I head back home. That would be terrible.

Yours Truly,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment